2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Autodoc Verification

989 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
Apologies if there's a better place for this:

Ordered two new shocks for the Civic on the weekend, this morning I get an email from what looks to be them, asking me to email back a photo of the credit card used (first 12 numbers censored) and photo ID of the cardholder (me) and the recipient (Fathers name/work address). Also, email came from a buycarparts.co.uk email address, guessing the company has a lot of different names..

Anyone had this from them before? I can see why they might do it (different delivery address to cardholder), just seems like a bit of an old fashioned way of doing it.

Cheers!

#7 ·
Spoke to them just a moment ago over the phone, seemed like they were paranoid about sending the stuff to a different address to what the card was registered to.
Basically asked to confirm the last 4 digits of the card, the delivery address details including the name of the person who would be receiving it, who the person was in relation to me...

Like, really?! Quick internet search suggests I'm not the only one having this and they are genuine, but still. Crap way of doing it.

Hopefully they won't need to do this again for PayPal..

Cheers for the info!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
When an email lands in your inbox with
"Dear customer, please send us a photo of your card/ID" it rings a few alarm bells'
I fully agree, despite my comments above. I would be as suspicious as hell and want to know a bit more about it as well.
Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
We don't give a monkeys that you are using a cheapskate phone.>:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.