2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through an old autoxpress and a survey of the new astra compared 5 other cars including the civic - they had audacity to put the civic last in the styling position,even a skoda beat it:confused:.I don't think I will be subscribing to them for long!!I realise its the marmite syndome, but come on,lots of other manufacturers have copied it, but have'nt come up with anything as good especially like the civic interior -and yes I am biased.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
the whole reason i bought my ctr was because of the design, i love it both inside and out, great vision and will still compete with other cars in 10 yrs time

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Looking through an old autoxpress and a survey of the new astra compared 5 other cars including the civic - they had audacity to put the civic last in the styling position,even a skoda beat it:confused:.I don't think I will be subscribing to them for long!!I realise its the marmite syndome, but come on,lots of other manufacturers have copied it, but have'nt come up with anything as good especially like the civic interior -and yes I am biased.
you havin a laugh? was that the brail edition?

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I took my Civ' in for new tyres, the mechanics were really complementary about the car; how great it looked, the styling, the interior etc. Wonder if they would have said the same thing if I'd driven up in a 3 year old Focus, Astra, Golf or Octavia? :D

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
AE used to praise the Civic. Their take now is that it's become dated.

I disagree, especially the interior.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If they werent such effected snobs at autoexpress it would have come out top by miles in the test. I've just bought my civic and I think it looks the nuts! nothing else like it on the road.

·
Registered
200 Posts
it has got the looks inside and out but if i knew what i know now about the build quality etc.. i dont think i would have brought it, i think i was blinded by the good looks!!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Me too. The build quality is poor..the paint....shocking!! It's a good looker from any angle..BUT....!!
WRONG ! - at least, in my case - no rattles etc. and no paint issues that weren't due to serious stones etc. hitting the front ...

And no other "build quality" problems" either - in fact, in the space of 30+ years, it's the car that has given me the fewest problems ! ...

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
On the paint front........

My last Galaxy Civic fared not too well over it's 3 years but so far I've covered 2½K and I have just 1 tiny nick next to the number plate which is hardly noticeable.

By 2½K on the last one I must have had at least 6 nasty chips that needed touching in.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
The boot liner is fragile and cracks easilly, the suspension is dreadful, bump stops replaced, the door innerds have been dismantled and rubber pads shoved in to stop the rattles, the rear seat has insulating tape wrapped around the catches, the dash is sctratched if you look at it, the alcantara wears off the seats with your arm, the passenger seat rattles with no passenger in it, the wheel nuts rust, the paint chips if you drive less than 100 yards behind the car in front and it scratches if you wash it without the utmost care.................Youre a lucky boy JDR;)....and mine is one of the more reliable ones!!
I still love the look of it, but it has not lived up totally to my perception of the Honda brand.
One thing it has done that no other car brand will ever do.....
The best forum and the best bunch of people too....:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts