2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Can't believe the article ended before it even started! So how does it drive? We'll have to wait a little longer....
Pottsy, we would appreciate a bunch of your famous graphs for these two, before we wait about a month for the mag...;)
Even if they performed similar, the 4000 GBP difference would be enough to weigh the balance in favour of the Type-R...

·
Registered
108 Posts
That auto express article is a waste of time! I think it was written by a monkey!

The obviously havent driven it and dont even know the prices despite them having been in the public domain for ages!

·
您看了
456 Posts
It'll be February before the mags/websites have anything serious on the Type-R.
Yup. As my post above yours says, evo have a group test of the Type-R versus all it's rivals in the next issue which goes on sale on 7th Feb. Even if it appears in Autoexpress before that time I think I will hold on for evo's proper verdict. They might even be getting an exclusive as they do seem to be pretty popular with the manufacturers having just done the only official road test with independent performance figures of the Ferrari 599GTB.

Their group tests are always head and shoulders above anyone elses and they also seem to understand what the Type-R should be too, so the verdict will be honest.

They voted the DC2 'teg as the drivers car of the decade, having driven one hard I can only agree. Lets hope the new R even gets a mention in the same sentence....

Roll on 7th Feb:VTECSMILEY:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am quite confident that evo will say that the latest incarnation of the renault megane 225 or whatever it is called will be better than the CTR.

I believe renault makes a rather large contribution to the evo christmas party fund!

Remember the " clio 182 will have a BMW m6 in the twisties" article?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts