2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at all the pictures of gleaming Civ's coated in Collinite 915 I'm desperate to give it a bash, but looks like I'll need to wait for Christmas to get myself some. (Indeed with my loyalty to Autoglym I'll probably ask for their HD Wax)

With the Halfords 3 for 2 on Autoglym, I was needing some new Shampoo / Tyre dressing so thought I'd plump for the Aqua Wax as the extra and give it a bash. (500ml, includes 2 Microfibre cloths)

I'm very impressed with the results, will post some pictures up later, feel it's a good practice ground for me before investing in the serious stuff.

Was quite happy that I did the whole car and still have at least 80% of the bottle left, seems quite good value overall.

The bodywork feels absolute immaculate and the shine is excellent. If like me you maybe have to spend hours on end with the Super Resin Polish / Ultra Deep Shine, you may want to consider getting Aqua Wax and saving yourself time for better results.

A Happy Post :D (awaiting a PM from Mr Autolgym offering commission [smilie=cheeky-grin: )

[IMG]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachments/cleaning/14164d1222712986-autoglym-aqua-wax-good-introduction-waxing-newbie-img_9878_noreg.jpg[/IMG]

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Yep.................I tried some this weekend and it's a good intrim polish between Collonite and B&H coats. Iwas nearly tempted for the Halfords 3 for 2 but decided not too

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Looking at all the pictures of gleaming Civ's coated in Collinite 915 I'm desperate to give it a bash, but looks like I'll need to wait for Christmas to get myself some. (Indeed with my loyalty to Autoglym I'll probably ask for their HD Wax)

With the Halfords 3 for 2 on Autoglym, I was needing some new Shampoo / Tyre dressing so thought I'd plump for the Aqua Wax as the extra and give it a bash. (500ml, includes 2 Microfibre cloths)

I'm very impressed with the results, will post some pictures up later, feel it's a good practice ground for me before investing in the serious stuff.

Was quite happy that I did the whole car and still have at least 80% of the bottle left, seems quite good value overall.

The bodywork feels absolute immaculate and the shine is excellent. If like me you maybe have to spend hours on end with the Super Resin Polish / Ultra Deep Shine, you may want to consider getting Aqua Wax and saving yourself time for better results.

A Happy Post :D (awaiting a PM from Mr Autolgym offering commission [smilie=cheeky-grin: )[/quote]

The aquawax is great (used nearly a whole bottle now on about 5 washes), but beware that you don't get the 2nd cloth a bit wat or it can streak..... Once it is buffed up correctly I agree there is a really nice shine and a super smooth finish.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nelster said:
Was quite happy that I did the whole car and still have at least 80% of the bottle left
The aquawax is great (used nearly a whole bottle now on about 5 washes), but beware that you don't get the 2nd cloth a bit wat or it can streak..... Once it is buffed up correctly I agree there is a really nice shine and a super smooth finish.
Looks like we have agreed on a metric - 1 Wash = 20% ish of the bottle :D

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I ended up using 3 cloths in the end , as you rightly said Alan be carefull not to get the second cloth wet ( impossible ) but a great finish................Thanks Robbo !! ;)

·
2,092 Posts
I ended up using 3 cloths in the end , as you rightly said Alan be carefull not to get the second cloth wet ( impossible ) but a great finish................Thanks Robbo !! ;)
Once I buy my 2nd bottle, I 'll have 4 cloths. That should solve the problem.

I also cleaned SWMBO's car (after mine of course;)) and mine was OK, the streaking was only on her's:)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Excuse me for not knowing what SWMBO's means

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
W.C takes some beating THESE DAYS!!! he must sit there waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting poster.................what chance has the genuine poster have these days

·
2,092 Posts
W.C takes some beating THESE DAYS!!! he must sit there waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting poster.................what chance has the genuine poster have these days
Every now and again I have to leave the website to go for a drive;)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Just been for another 3 for 2 but they have sold out. The local Rice boy group ( on their Saxo forum have had a run ) lol.......should see alot of shiny Saxo's around Hull lol

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
TBH, I used to think AG was the be-all and end all of car cleaning, but having started to mix and match my 'ingredients' have found much better products (many in Halfords). I still use AG, but only until it is gone, as I find that AG's waxes and polishes are no longer for me (TBH, I use BH wash/clay, cheapo tar remover... and Collinite and AG wheel and trim spray, and thats about it, no need for tonnes of stuff).

Stick with AG, but once you get to use some other 'fun' bits, you'll soon move away.

I do want to however try their aqua wax, but am hesitant as I tried Turtle waxes 'demon shine' once and it was awful stuff to use properly......

BTW, get some photo's on here ;-)

ATB,
Tom

·
2,092 Posts
Tom

I was just about to sneak out of work to take a picture, but all the youths from the 'training college' (more like Borstal) next door are loitering on a *** break, if I go out and take pictures they may take offence and key my car.

You'll have to take my word that it is super shiney. And that is a 'grandad grey' colour. Just imagine how good it would look if it was NHB or Milano!!!

·
2,092 Posts
Pictures as requested:

Disclaimers...

1. These photos are under a overcast sky
2. They are taken using a camera phone
3. The car is grey - hardly going to stand out at the best of times
4. All the car has on underneath the Aquawax is Honda's own paint - there is no Collinite, AutoBilt etc or what ever they are called.
5. Cars in the photos may not be to UK specification

(the last comment may not be true;))

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts