2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys just had a random thought, lets say i have manual ones at the moment, unlike ones that come with the car and i guess there is a button as well. What if there is a way of an auto electrician to install the power folding mirrors but also get them to automatically fold upon locking/unlocking the car? Possible ?

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Hi Guys just had a random thought, lets say i have manual ones at the moment, unlike ones that come with the car and i guess there is a button as well. What if there is a way of an auto electrician to install the power folding mirrors but also get them to automatically fold upon locking/unlocking the car? Possible ?
There certainly is!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/47134-automated-folding-wing-mirror-modules.html

OR

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/21680-wing-mirror-folding-automation.html

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume all i need is a pair of these is that right?

How do they fold without an actual motor? I currently have normal door mirrors what else do i need ??

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Sorry mate, those boxes just link the mirror folding to the keyfob locking and unlocking. You'd need to get the auto mirrors installed separately first.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi Mr Bozo fitted your module today, postage took 2 weeks but well worth the wait the instructions were very clear and precise, im an electrical engineer by trade so was easy for me, the whole job took 45 mins. just have to mess around with door card as it wont clip back in at the bottom but that wont be a problem, unit works a treat. I did however not coonect the green wire properly to the central locking block, so the wing mirrors opened when the key was inserted in the ignition and folded again when the key was removed, either option is good but I did wire the central locking wire correctly and the unit is working great, If anyone lives in the Grantham area and would like help fitting one of these I would be only too pleased to assist.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I understand, from [MrBozo], that someone is working on a Civic-specific solution for this ...

There are generic aftermarket kits available, but I'd rather have one made by a Forum member ! ...

Reactions: MrBozo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey are you still selling these

Hello iv just seen the thread and am new to this website but wondering if you are still selling these units?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
9,228 Posts
Hello I've just seen the thread and am new to this website but wondering if you are still selling these units ?
As said - there is a Thread for these - and it's probably the very coolest mod there is :cool:

Reactions: MrBozo

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
If these got made then hopefully there will also be the option to change it to manually during the winter months, as anything like that could break to motor when its frozen.

·
9,228 Posts
If these got made then hopefully there will also be the option to change it to manually during the winter months, as anything like that could break the motor when its frozen.
Not an issue - motor never freezes - even when here (couple of winters ago) it dropped to a 'balmy' -27C :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Not an issue - motor never freezes - even when here (couple of winters ago) it dropped to a 'balmy' -27C :cool:
I don't think its a problem with the motor freezing - I think the motor can get damaged if water gets into the mechanism which then freezes causing the wing mirror not to move - similar to the windscreen wipers freezing to the window.

Got to remember here in the UK it usually rains before it freezes

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
The other car I had this on broke as i used it in the winter. :-(

·
9,228 Posts
I don't think its a problem with the motor freezing - I think the motor can get damaged if water gets into the mechanism which then freezes causing the wing mirror not to move - similar to the windscreen wipers freezing to the window. Got to remember here in the UK it usually rains before it freezes
Same weather here - southwest Norway is WET and then it freezes - never a problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts