2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a type s GT with the auto function on the stalk but when set to auto they are always on. the sensitivity wheel just adjusts the speed they operate at even if its dry etc.

Does any one have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

The sensor looks clear, recently had a new windscreen fitted (didnt work before that either), he asked if it had the rain sensor and i said it did so he fitted the right one.

The blades are Genuin Honda and the clear the sensor on each pass but this wouldlt explain why there work if its not rained and the screen is dry.

Still stumped

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesnt bother me enough to go to a dealer and pay to have this fixed so if it is this ill have to make do without. Just would be nice to have. Auto Lights have changed my life............Sorta

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Could it be a fuse/relay?

Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hmm......I have just had a similar issue in so much as they autowipers didn't work.

Washed the windscree, used AG Glass Polish, then Dodo Juce Clearly Menthol remobed with a dedicated glass cloth. Problem resolved and the only think that I can think of is small particles of dust/dirt over the sensor which the above removed?

Worth a try if nothing else.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the suggestion Warwick but it didnt work both before and after a new windscreen so its doubtful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts