2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am Chris and just became a pround owner of a 2009 1.8 civic type s gt with usb and aux connection under the armrest. But somehow both the aux and the usb connection do not work when pressing on the mode or cd/aux button. It switches to the cd mode when there is one loaded, so it is not the button. Also the usb port does charge my ipod and iphone. Wondering if anyone had the same issue and managed to solve this.

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
Might sound like a daft question but have you connected anything to the AUX port?
Without a device attached it may not register.

Have you got the Honda or a clone USB cable in the port?
The Honda USB port is not the same size as the one on a PC so needs a specific cable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a clone cable bought from ebay in the port and tried both a usb stick and an ipod nano, as well as the aux port with 3.5mm jack connected to my iphone and the the ipod.

I am going to check the all the cables running to the head unit to see if there is a loose connection.

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
Sounds like a connection failure then.
Has anyone had the head unit out and not connected the wiring back up ?

Could it be the Mode button on the steering wheel being duff?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stirpped the armrest and center console to check the wiring today, couldn't find any loose connections...

Would be grateful if anyone can help me out. If I don't have the factory satnav I will definitely go for double din aftermarket...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It turned out that the SatNav headunit has been replaced by one from the pre facelift which does not support factory usb and aux...

·
Administrator
21,170 Posts
I can't remember what, but the post facelift model did contain some improvements.

Wonder why someone would want to go backwards in functionality.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Failed Unit, cheap one from a scrappy... might be why, or maybe they didn't realise it wouldn't work until after fitting..... or they never used them, so didn't know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts