2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this right what I'm seeing because I got quoted £230 for the aux belt serpentine belt change at a local garage not Honda. I don't want to risk it my self whey to cramped down there (I suffer with constant trapped nerves and herniated L6 disc) . Yes the picture is a screenshot of honda prices just double checking.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Yes it should be but that is just for the belt only and not tensioner, also Honda should use the updated longer belt and re-route the belts path as recommended.

Just remind the dealer service adviser it's a fixed price repair when booking.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re-route to where ... There's only one path lol . Tensioner isn't cheap from there

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I got the belt from Euros for like £10/15 and fitted it myself. Used a spanner on the tensioner and then a bar on the spanner to get enough leverage on it. Honda/Ebay sell a tool for the job. Checked my pulleys whilst it was off and they were fine. The main one from Honda i think is nearly £300

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the belt from Euros for like £10/15 and fitted it myself. Used a spanner on the tensioner and then a bar on the spanner to get enough leverage on it. Honda/Ebay sell a tool for the job. Checked my pulleys whilst it was off and they were fine. The main one from Honda i think is nearly £300
Yeh tensioner is £300 quid . And yes I'd love to fit it my self but unfortunately can not ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts