2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time posting here.

I thought I would start by saying I have done a search on the forum, but I am hoping for some up to date information, as most of the threads I find are a few years old and most of the links are dead.

I bought an aux cable for about £8 on ebay but turned out to be the wrong connection for my Panasonic head unit.

To get aux in my car I understand connects2 is the best way to go. I believe I would be best off getting the CTVHOX001, although everything I see says this is for the Pioneer head unit.

Londonlad's youtube video on removing the head unit mentions this is one works with Panasonic, but he says in the vid it is sold as being for the alpine head unit rather than the pioneer one. Again, this is a 6 year old video so I'm just after up to date info.

Hoping someone can confirm this hasn't changed recently and the CTVHOX001 is definitely suitable for the Panasonic head unit!

Many thanks in advance for any help I get on this.

As mentioned I have searched for this but just hoping to get some recent advice rather than from posts a few years old.

Thanks again!

I have a 2006 1.8 petrol civic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again,

Thought I'd post a follow up in case anyone is after the same info as me!

I've been messaging a guy on ebay, Jason at incarconnections, and he has advised that the following would work with the Panasonic head unit:

Honda USB adapter Accord Civic Jazz S2000 CTAHOUSB001 Alpine OEM radio aux SD

Which seems to tie up with Londonlad's youtube video, where he said an Alpine one would work.

My head unit is a "1YC4" and the model number on the back is 39100-SMG-E014-M1.

I'll post an update once I've got it to let anyone know who may be looking at this whether it works or not!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone can show how looks adapter? And where i can buy it?
Alright mate yeah I can share a few pics of my adapter below.

Looks like the same guy I got mine from has one left on ebay here:

I also got one of these a few days later so I could just use my phone's Bluetooth instead of the aux:

The adapter has aux and USB so I plugged the Bluetooth kit into those and stuffed it in the compartment under the radio, the Bluetooth kit comes with a magnetic pad you can stuck to the dash.

You could of course mount the adapter under the trim somewhere for a bit of a cleaner install, which I keep putting off doing. But at least that means I can easily access the adapter still for now, and I don't really use that compartment for much else anyway.

Excuse the pictures and any formatting issues, doing this all on my phone!

Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt Flooring
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Vehicle door
Textile Sleeve Camera Eyewear Automotive lighting
Plant Vehicle Car White Light
Publication Art Font Wood Advertising

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wait, so you spent £70 on the aux adapter then a further £19 for a bluetooth adapter??

why not just buy the connects2 bluetooth adapter for around £90, which works with the steering wheel buttons as well? 😕

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought I'd mention again, that ebay seller Jason that I linked to was really helpful and seemed very knowledgeable about all this, so I'm sure you could check with him that your head unit is compatible before you buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait, so you spent £70 on the aux adapter then a further £19 for a bluetooth adapter??

why not just buy the connects2 bluetooth adapter for around £90, which works with the steering wheel buttons as well? 😕
Yeah I probably should have done looking back but didn't think I wanted Bluetooth when I first got the connects2 adapter 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Person asking about the adapter today should probably listen to you rather than me..!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank u so much!!! Ofcourse 70pound not very much,but maybe someone know cheaper alternative how listen music from from phone,and sound quality stay still good. Or maybe someone can reccomended really good Fm transmitter? Just he have to be small. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank u so much!!! Ofcourse 70pound not very much,but maybe someone know cheaper alternative how listen music from from phone,and sound quality stay still good. Or maybe someone can reccomended really good Fm transmitter? Just he have to be small. Thanks
I haven't tried an FM transmitter for probably 10+ years now to be honest.. the one I did try wasn't great, but from what little I've seen about them, they are better these days. Might be worth trying one as a cheaper alternative.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts