2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2008 Civic with the standard head unit.

I've bought a Belkin bluetooth (Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth F4U037tt) and intended to use it with an old Connects2 that I had from my old Civic.

The Belkin worked fine when I tested it with an portable battery powered speaker. However, when I put it through the Connects2, there is poor sound quality.

So ... I thought ... why the hell do I even need the Connects2 ... all I need, is to wire the audio cables (I've used a mini-jack to M RCA cable) directly into the back of the Head Unit. I already have the plastic plug (on the Connects2) so ... how hard can it be?

Can anyone tell me which are the correct wires? Apparently if I get it wrong, I could fry my heating power. (According the Honda technician that is doing it for me).

FWIW ... having used the Connects2 for 4 or 5 years, this Bluetooth solution will be MUCH more cool. Get in the car ... turn on the ignition ... press the Belkin button and I'm good to go with no wires and hands-free telephone to boot.

My car is currently in the garage with bits hanging out all over the place, so any help will be VERY much appreciated. :)

This is what I have on the Connects2 plug (the plug that goes into the head unit)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.