2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm wondering....

since civic after face lifting has "aux in" connector - did anybody tried to instal audio head unit from never model to civic before face lifting in order to gain "aux in" line in (maybe also USB in).
Is this possible?
What are estimated costs?

BR

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
yes, I have one of these, it works great. The only problem is that when using USB or IPOD function, it doesn't display track / folder / playlist info on the stereo screen, which can make searching for a particular track / albumn tricky. If you only want the AUX (headphone) connection there are cheaper options too, check in the wiki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys (or ladies ;) )

I know about cheaper options - but, in my opinion, they are still to expensive beacuse mising infos on display.

Still wondering about realisation of my idea (changing "older" audio head unit to "never") - anybody ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before, someone was going to attempt it but the cost became ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Osarkon - do you have any link? I was searching but find nothing?

FWH - as I understand you are talking about buying double din unit and intall this in place of original? If yes - this is my plan "B". I'd prefer not to change "artisitic" look of dashboard prepared by Honda and yet know nothing about troubles with such operation.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
FWH - as I understand you are talking about buying double din unit and intall this in place of original? If yes - this is my plan "B". I'd prefer not to change "artisitic" look of dashboard prepared by Honda and yet know nothing about troubles with such operation.
Yes, that is what I meant.

I see your point, but a double din unit can actually look quite nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i've got an aux-in using a connects2 box, only cost me £35. I also installed a 3.5mm port in the blanking plate next to the gear stick to give it a more professional look, but obviously requires a bit of drilling and soldering, but looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts