2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post, sorry for it to be a question! I've recently bought a '11 Civic that has the AUX in/usb ports in the armrest, however when I connect my phone with a 3.5mm cable, nothing happens and I can't select it through the CD/AUX button on the stereo. It's not the button as it works to select a CD when one is in, the USB port also charges my phone, so there is some connection to the ports.

I'm taking the car back to the garage that sold it to me this week, however is this a problem that anyone has heard of before? Can I do any checks or troubleshooting myself?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,461 Posts
I could be wrong but if memory correct 3.5 allows you to send music to speakers but not control or see details. You need usb for more control. Have you tried connecting 3.5 then playing music on your phone??

Sent whilst plotting to take over the world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Red Dwarf,

Yes I've tried the USB too, however the same issue exists with that (unable to select it on the stereo unit). I've also tried all combinations of plugging phone in, playing music and vice versa.

Car is booked in to an auto electrical shop today - I'll update with the fix (hopefully!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts