2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

You're probably going to shout at me, so i apologise in advanced.

Electronics isn't my thing but i'm looking at fitting an AUX in, to my 2.2 EX. I've had a look around the site and found some info, but i'd like clear clarification of exactly what parts i require and if possible where to get them from.

Ideally plug and play and will work through my steering wheel controls (if possible) as there is an AUX button.

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that page specifically - but the Xcarlink can have a bluetooth option which (correct me if i'm wrong) will be better all round than the built in bluetooth as it can play audio via bluetooth so no cables needed.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Hi MiguelSanchezDiMarco, if you are looking for just AUX in or bluetooth, then xcarlink is the best option for you. It's just a little box as small as a small pack of playing cards, which you can tuck anywhere behind/under the dashboard. I had installed mine in the centre console compartment. It has AUX in, USB and SD card. If you use iPhone there is also an iPhone/iPod version. I was mainly playing my tracks via SD card. I had the bluetooth module as well, used every now and then, not on a daily basis. Never had any issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re. Connect an MP3 Wiki

Hi all,

Just joined the ranks of Civic owners...I've checked all the links above (and more) for connecting equipment to the changer port and in principle at least that seems straightforward.

In the "connect an MP3" wiki there are some other options for ipod connection not mentioned as yet which I would like some advice on.

Amazon have these from a chinese maker called KKMOON "google Kkmoon 3.5 mm Aux Connection Line Input Cable Audio Adapter Car Digital CD Changer for Honda Civic Accord CRV Lightning Connector for iPhone 5 5c 5s 6 6 plus 6s"

They have the CDC connector and on the equipment side a lightning adapter and a skinny (fits phone still in case) 3.5mm jack. The CDC end has 2 wires for supplying a charge to the phone Yellow is 12V and Black 5V (I think) more info at the amazon listing.

Would anyone have a pic of what wires from HU loom would be best to splice/tap/ cut n solder to to get the 12V and 5V for the phone ?

I've checked the tutorials on getting headunit out and happy enough with that, just need a steer on the wiring...and also would anyone else have one of these and do they do what they say on the tin?

Cheers guys :smile3:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts