2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping you would be able to help me out.

I currently have a Type S 2008, and I am looking at fitting an AUX input. I've read a number of threads regarding different options such as the Connects2, Xcarlink etc.

Which option would be the best?

Also does the Connects2 (CTVHOX001) work with the 2008 model as some people say it does and others say otherwise?

Thanks

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi, and welcome :)

If you're after ONLY and AUX in, and nothing else, the Connects2 unit is the way forward. There are only a few incidents where it's not worked for people as far as I can see.
Be aware that using AUX only you have no control over the tracks from your steering wheel controls.

If you're after more than that, such as USB/SD card functionality, or a more integrated solution for iPhone, then go for the Xcarlink.

They both connect to the head unit in exactly the same way. Not sure if you have a model with sat nav or not, but if so you'll need the "Y" cable too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I don't have the model with the sat nav so that shouldn't be a problem. Think I am going to purchase the Connects2 and see how it goes.
Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I got one and fitted it in about 90 minutes and it works flawlessly for what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I got one and fitted it in about 90 and it works flawlessly for what it is.

Which head unit have you got.Panasonic or Pioneer .some people say .Panasonic does not work with connect 2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Dunno mate, didn't bother looking at the sticker. Is there any way to find out by looking at it in situ or by button pushing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts