2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2008 fn2 type r and I want to install an aux cable to connect my phone to the car for music. I'm currently using a Bluetooth FM transmitter and I get a fair bit of static.

I know this question has been answered a few times with some really good guides on how to install an aux cable. But, all the guides I've seen are quite old so was wondering if there have been any new products available.

I've seen the xcarlink and denision but if they're and new/better ones that anyone recommends I'll consider them. If there is a Bluetooth solution I would consider it if it's not much more expensive, otherwise I'm fine with a cable. Also, does anyone know if the steering wheel controls would still work when connected to the phone to change song?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not really any newer methods out there unfortunately. If you're using the aux the steering wheel controls won't work which is why i'd recommend getting a double din headunit with android auto and apple car play.

With that you will need a fascia and the connects 2 kit which together has a kit normally run you back £100. The xcarlink method is significantly cheaper however, it lacks the features of upgrading to a double din.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really any newer methods out there unfortunately. If you're using the aux the steering wheel controls won't work which is why i'd recommend getting a double din headunit with android auto and apple car play.

With that you will need a fascia and the connects 2 kit which together has a kit normally run you back £100. The xcarlink method is significantly cheaper however, it lacks the features of upgrading to a double din.
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking a double din but I've got the built in sat Nav so I'm not sure if there is much point. I will have to consider it thought if I can't use the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Adding a double din unit the satnav variant is quite a bit harder. You need to swap out the gps unit for a normal one iirc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts