2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a MOT & Service yesterday at honda and was told due to the age of my car and milage the aux belt could do with changing?
2007 model with 85k on the clock, does that sound about right?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
It isn't an expensive job so for peace of mind I'd get it replaced. Maybe not at Honda though to save labour cost.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't an expensive job so for peace of mind I'd get it replaced. Maybe not at Honda though to save labour cost.
Hi Tommyboy

It's £78 all in at honda!Not expensive I know just never had one replaced.
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went to buy an aux belt for my Civic at local Honda and service guy said unless it is fraying / cracked they don't replace them and that his Integra had 135,000 miles on the clock and belt still original. Belt is Kevlar and polyurethane, built to last.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,850 Posts
Replaced my original belt at 155k miles / 9 years while undertaking the 'early i-CTDi shorter belt mod'... there was absolutely no signs of wear on the old one. If I wasn't doing the mod it would have stayed on, it'd be pretty obvious if it was worn or damaged.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys heres a few pics.
I think it's fine! but like I said I've never had any issues or one replaces before

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your belt. It doesn't look to fraying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you're a bit mechanically minded I'd go ahead and change it yourself. Took me about 5 mins got a ratchet on the tensioner boom the belt was off. I asked Honda for a picture for the routing when I got the new belt as mine had snapped. The first Honda Edinburgh had ever heard of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts