2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any one who has thought of wiring in a AV selector? after reading about adding a reversing cam, dvd player, freeview (my idea) would it be possable to add a remote operated scart switch?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
dunno about the SCART idea, but in the How To on adding a reverse cam, and then other threads about adding video / games consoles, they have used the circuit which makes the Civ think it's in reverse gear.

a bit of clever dohickery there should do the job I think! :D

but I wouldn't even begin to think about doing it myself - MUCH better left to those who know what they are doing! :D
Such as the people who did the above mods, just to clarify :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
PS - don't recall if anyone has got round the problem of where to route the sound yet?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to attemt to install the above mods but i supose if there is no way of getting around the sound then really you could wire it up to a fm transmiter. i'll have ago when i get my car "getting it tomoz :D"

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
PS - don't recall if anyone has got round the problem of where to route the sound yet?
Sound is via a Connects2, which was installed at the same (seeing as half the dash has to be removed.

I made my own 2 way AV switch using a double pole-double throw switch as I only needed to switch between reversing cam and my video in.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wouldnt the fm transmiter be technacily cheaper? i know the quality is down abit but how much is a connect2 becuase my ipod has the fm transmiter and its not that bad.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
i used my ipod box to get the sound sorted as it had an input for the sound.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
got mine from the usa around £120 with the duty, the connects 2 is cheaper but it does not have an ipod dock, so you need to decide what you are going to use, an ipod ot mp3 player???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts