2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When I reset all my trip computer stuff, the average speed doesn't reset, it hasn't since I've had the car (3 months), am I not doing something right, or do you reckon it's broke ?

Regards,

Roger.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Mine is reading 29mph after a 300 mile round trip averaging 60mph. Mmm.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
If I remember rightly you have to have to have average speed showing and then press and hold the reset button.
I think it may also reset trip meter B, but I haven't done that since I got the car.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Before making the 300 mile round trip I reset trip B. Made no difference to the average speed tho. I think it was working before I set trip A to reset on refuels.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Reset trip A

Hi All,

When I reset all my trip computer stuff, the average speed doesn't reset, it hasn't since I've had the car (3 months), am I not doing something right, or do you reckon it's broke ?

Regards,

Roger.
At least in my car you have to reset trip A to reset the avg speed. Do it manually.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I shall read the manual again, I was sure you have to reset trip B for the average speed...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked the dealer for help with this and we finally came to the conclusion that you have to reset all of A and B to reset average mpg. This doesn't make much sense because it means that you can't clock up total miles and mpg over a two- or three-day trip and compute the average mph on a single leg of that trip, which you might well want to do. It'd make much more sense to have average mph linked to the time elapsed function or, better still, to have it independent of all functions. I can't believe that whoever thought of including an average mph function intended it to be reset-able only by resetting everything else. It would be good if Honda could re-programme this function when cars go in for service as currently it's not usable.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mine is like this :-
For average MPG, Trip A and Trip B can be reset independently using the Reset button.
For average MPH, Trip A and Trip B are both reset together by a single press of Reset button.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Just for clarity, we are talking average SPEED, not average MPG.

Anyways, could it be that the average SPEED reset behaves differently depending on whether you have configured trip A to reset on a refuel?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I can still reset it with just resetting A, in motion as well. Not a big deal though. My car just won't listen to you :p
I have just tried it... AVG speed resets with Trip A :idea:
Data in Trip B was not lost!

I think AVG speed is only for Trip A (I am not sure have to check this again)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have just tried it... AVG speed resets with Trip A :idea:
Data in Trip B was not lost!

I think AVG speed is only for Trip A (I am not sure have to check this again)
Just as on mine. Maybe the UK models have a different setup....?... if this doesn't work on theirs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just as on mine. Maybe the UK models have a different setup....?... if this doesn't work on theirs.
Nope, I can definitely confirm that the average speed resets when you reset Trip A. However, it only resets when you MANUALLY reset it. It does not reset when you refuel if you have Trip A set up to do so.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
So basically, if you are using Trip A with auto reset on refuel in order to keep track of mpg between refuels, the average speed function is un-use-able. Right?

Many other cars let you reset the av speed seperatly from everything else.

·
Registered
676 Posts
So basically, if you are using Trip A with auto reset on refuel in order to keep track of mpg between refuels, the average speed function is un-use-able. Right?
Right! That's why I use A for dayli driving and B for fuel stuff.
I reset the B manually and I have turned off the reset at refuel function

1 - 19 of 19 Posts