2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problem with the average speed display?
My one stuck sometimes and I have to reset it to make it work again. Even after 3 hours continuous motorway driving it was still 35 km/h or if I changed it to mph it said 35 mph :). I took it back to the dealer but all they done to it is reset it and drove 12 miles with my car so I lost the Trip A and Trip B statistics and after 2 weeks my average speed stuck again but this time on 28...

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
It may be to do with the new average based on say 3 hrs (210 miles), added into the old average based over several months (say 5000 miles). If the display went to 3, 4 or more decimal places then you would see a difference. :shock:

It shouldn't read the same figure for km and miles though. [smilie=confuzzled.:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
allan40alt said:
It may be to do with the new average based on say 3 hrs (210 miles), added into the old average based over several months (say 5000 miles). If the display went to 3, 4 or more decimal places then you would see a difference. :shock:

It shouldn't read the same figure for km and miles though. [smilie=confuzzled.:[/quote]

Do you think the average speed based on the last 5000 miles? :?
but anyway it was exactly 35 for 2-3 weeks. before and after the long motorway drive (more than 400 miles return).
Shouldn't 400 miles at 70-80 mph chnages the previous 500 miles at 30mph and mostly in traffic jam?

It always shows the same figure for km and for miles. Can you please have a look at it on your one. I want to know if it's a fault.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
hi everyone

has anyone else recently experienced this? for the last couple of weeks my ave. speed has been 32mph. which is possiblei uppose but highly unlikely, especially after checking it after 10mins at 70mph :?:

i've kept "A" records the same (as it was reset when i bought it 2nd hand, so handy never to erset tha so i can see what i've done since purchase). but i reset "B" recently and it's stayed at ave. 32mph...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
hi everyone

has anyone else recently experienced this? for the last couple of weeks my ave. speed has been 32mph. which is possiblei uppose but highly unlikely, especially after checking it after 10mins at 70mph :?:

i've kept "A" records the same (as it was reset when i bought it 2nd hand, so handy never to erset tha so i can see what i've done since purchase). but i reset "B" recently and it's stayed at ave. 32mph...
didn't think you can reset the average speed - so this shows the average speed since the car was made

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
didn't think you can reset the average speed - so this shows the average speed since the car was made
seems a pretty pointless feature then if it can't be reset?
i'm surprised that mine hasn't shifted from 32mph at all... :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Ahhh! Pottsy to the rescue again

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is only one average speed function, it is linked to trip A and will only reset when you reset trip A. If you customise the computer to "trip A reset with refuel" then it will reset each time you refuel more than five litres.

The reading will not reset with ignition off/on therefore if you are finding that it doesn't move this is because your average is including everything since the last reset of trip A.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Now you say that - I've got mine to auto reset with fuel and I always reset B when I fill up as well.

Mine seems to be always on 37mph.

Not that bothered because I rarely go there, I'm almost exclusively on the inaccurate average mpg display.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
There is only one average speed function, it is linked to trip A and will only reset when you reset trip A. If you customise the computer to "trip A reset with refuel" then it will reset each time you refuel more than five litres.

The reading will not reset with ignition off/on therefore if you are finding that it doesn't move this is because your average is including everything since the last reset of trip A.
Hi Fowlan1 - welcome :D

I don't think resetting trip A resets the average speed - I think you need to reset both A and B within a couple of seconds to work - after filling up recently and traveling 1.2 miles on a 30 limit my average speed was 39 - I didn't get chance to go over 25.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya,

Whilst stationary put the trip computer into trip A then select average speed function on the screen so you are viewing it. Now hold down the reset button and you will see the average speed disappear. Dashes will be shown to show that it has cleared. After 10 seconds the display will read zero. Drive off and watch it update.

Go into the user settings menu and turn on "trip A reset with refuel". The average speed function will clear each time you refuel.

Remember there is only one average speed function (not an A and B). Resetting the function is linked only to reset of trip A.

Try it and see, if i'm wrong then let me know, ta.:p

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Cheers Pottsy..................very usefull , I did wonder this myself

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Hiya,

Whilst stationary put the trip computer into trip A then select average speed function on the screen so you are viewing it. Now hold down the reset button and you will see the average speed disappear. Dashes will be shown to show that it has cleared. After 10 seconds the display will read zero. Drive off and watch it update.

Go into the user settings menu and turn on "trip A reset with refuel". The average speed function will clear each time you refuel.

Remember there is only one average speed function (not an A and B). Resetting the function is linked only to reset of trip A.

Ta

Still on 37mph thi morning, I'll give that a go = thanks button pending.:D

I'm always on the B trip indicator as I take a note of my trip and total mileage when filling up. By using the B I can reset it when I want to. With the A it can reset (if you have it set that way, which I have) a bit too quick to note the figures.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hiya,

I have and it doesn't.

So your wrong :p

I'm pleased it doesn't as I want to know my average speed since I purchased the car. Trip B hasn't been reset so it gives me MPG since I purchased the car and Trip A, as it gets reset each time I fuel, give me MPG since I refueled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The average speed doesn't automatically reset if you have it to automatically reset trip A on refuelling. You have to do it manually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts