2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an official update supporting the iPhone 6 & 6S USB ?

i Have an iPhone 6s and when the battery is less than 85% is not connecting.
when higher than 85 its fine. its connecting but its not always playing music
when the error occurs the GPS displays a message saying that USB is disconnected to avoid damage.

Pioneer says there is a firmware update APL 3.002 around 32MB but i cant find it for my GPS.

my model is avic-f930bt (not the x or not the 940)

i don't want to go for a hack on my unit.
any suggestions please ?
:confused::confused::confused:

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,461 Posts
I had the same unit but updated the map which at the same time changed the software from a 930 to the 940. (Official upgrade) At moment i also have the iPhone 6 but play most of my music off my iPod which is connected via the official cable (old style connector). I have connected my 6 via bluetooth to my 940 and played podcasts through speakers quite happily. Wasn't sure of battery level tho. However i am aware that to connect my 6 via a cable i must update the software on the 940 inorder for it to accept a lightning cable. I haven't done this yet as my pod is 64 gb so happy to leave alone just yet. Having just looked at the F930 and the F940 update pages the F930 does not have this upgrade which looks like it does not support apples lightning connector. If you wish to look what updates are available google pioneer f930 updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for the reply Red Dwarf.:popcorn:

It seems that F930bt (and not x930 or) is not supported. If this is the case i will not go for a new pioneer unit. I am a bit disappointed about their after sales experience.

I also got an email from them to visit the nearest service. They say there is an APL 3.002 upgrade (related to the USB issue ) but they are not sure it will solve the problem. I will give it a try though.

I will post feedback as soon as i get an answer from the service for the rest of the members.
thanks again.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,461 Posts
Instead of expense of new unit. Consider upgrading maps instead. I remember my 930 as a pain in the arse when you left a route. On way to work it would be nearly 3 roundabouts later that it gave up telling me to u turn and instead calculate a new route. The 940 software vast improvement and adds AHA radio to the pioneer unit which you can download from iTunes onto your 6s plus other apps. I admit i don't use them as happy with iPod and cable. You may even get later software like the 950 as I upgraded over a year ago and latest mapping replaced my upgrade. I paid £99 which was on offer. I now have master copy !! If 940 tho you will still need to install update for lightning connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much Red Dwarf. I have updated mine as well and i will do the lighting cable update as soon as i get some free time to find it. For the rest of the members the update of the map also changed mine to 940 and iPhone 6s is fully working again. I guess that the lighting cable update will also activate the AppRadio and the rest of the goodies. I will update soon.

Thanks again mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi alexandr0s,
I have an iPhone6s and a Pioneer AVIC-F930BT. Is this your phone and unit?

I also see the update for AVIC-X930BT at Pioneer Electronics website (update v 3.002 from Dec. 5th 2014)
Is this the one you've used?

My main objective is really to be able to use audio by cable while charging the phone.

I don't want to turn my unit into a brick, so hearing that someone had exactly the same configuration will give me some extra confidence in doing the firmware update.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks.

João

1 - 7 of 7 Posts