2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rang Aviva who are my insurance company to get some advice about changing the grille on the front of the car from the perspex one to the sports accessory grille, I thought it would be better to check rather than to just stick it on, i finally got through to their indian call centre and then spent the next 15 minutes trying to describe to the women what a grille was, at one point she even asked me if it was a cam shaft!

Anyway, she asked the value of the grille and then she spoke to the underwriters and thankfully, there is no increase in the insurance cost for changing the grille over and there going to add it to my policy!

Right, i'm away to go and swap these grilles over! :)

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Aviva is who i am currently with!

they gave me an amazing renewal quote in june
so stayed with them....

but as you say, the indian call center winds you up more than god!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aviva were by far the cheapest when I looked around, i was expecting to have to pay something for changing the grille as its a visual modification, i was quite suprised when it was free, but your right, the indian call centres drive ya mad, im sure a UK call centre would of know what a grill is!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
My insurance company(HSBC) are not interested in cosmetic changes
Nor mine - I've reported everything that I've done, and there was no impact - only BHP / Racing add-ons count ....

·
Premium Member
24,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the first time i've really done anything to a car before so i just wanted to make sure with the insurance company! She did add the grille change to my policy so im glad i called!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
This is the first time I've really done anything to a car before so I just wanted to make sure with the insurance company ! She did add the grille change to my policy so I'm glad I called !
Absolutely - always inform them, irrespective of how 'minor' the modification, just in case ...

Personally, I always use eMail, to ensure that I have a written record, but I am just a tad paranoid ! ...

Generally, it's only those who have a "Ryanair" policy who end up paying more - Insurance Policies \ Coverage are not all the same ! - it often amuses me when people compare annual insurance costs, without considering \ comparing what you actually get, in the event of an accident ...

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Just wait till you go to claim, and prepare for the lie detector tests etc. Worst insurance company I've ever used, although very helpful when giving you your quote........ :-(

Tom

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,065 Posts
I always try to avoid any company with foreign call centres, as you say, they wind you up.

BT is another classic case of misunderstanding. If the answer you give is not on the cue card in front of them they're stuffed.

So glad I switched to O2 for BB, UK call centre and very efficient so far.

Direct Line might not be popular with a lot but I've never had any problems with their UK call centre on the rare occasions I call them.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I switch my car and house insurance every year, as you only get a good deal if you are a new customer. I'm with AVIVA and they are rubbish to talk to, this years renewal has gone up £110 from last years price. I've now taken out insurance for next year with MoreThan which is only £410 pa on my CTR. (I'm 40, full no claims, and 3 points 3 yrs ago)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts