2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

im slink, live in wakefield, west yorkshire and at the moment dont own a civic.

I have been a biker for the last four years and although i have been learning to drive slowly, never really wanted a car (felt like a very dangerous machine indeed) but now that im all settled down and living with the mrs for the past year ive realised that having a car solves so many problems a bike cant. So decided i would get a car and keep the bike for more pleasant weather riding.
no matter what i looked at i kept coming back to the one car i had always said id buy if i ended up driving the honda CIVIC. ive had honda bikes and they were amazing bar a few dealer issues. Did originally think of going small but realised the Civic only seems to come in the 2.2 cdti. which at first i never thought id be able to insure. turns out bigger can be better with the insurance coming out really cheap considering It would be my first ever car.

anyway ended up stumbling across this site time and time again while looking for all sorts of info and i have to say despite some worrying issues with dmf's and alarms Im now 100% sold on buying a civic. most likely 2006-2009 as i dont like the new shape its just a bit odd looking

thank you for providing an awesome site, without it id have had to rely on what car dealers say which if anything like bike dealers is total bumfluff.

life story over apologies to those who fell asleep or contemplated suicide.

slink

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Howdy and welcome

·
JPP
1,555 Posts