2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am picking up my Civic EX GT 1.8 (Oct '12) on Friday, really happy with the car I have managed to find, 7000 miles in polished metal with two services remaining on car. The only reason I can't collect sooner is when I went to view I noticed the trim around the HDD Sat Nav unit had a small crack from the unit up to the air vents. Looks like someone had stuck something to it and when they removed it the trim cracked, dealer is ordering in a new trim and hopes to have it ready for Friday :D

Anyway onto my question, has anyone fitted the B Pillar silver trim, if so how easy? Has anyone seen any with the trim and what are people's thoughts?

·
Administrator
21,151 Posts
I've seen it on the Honda accessories site photo and decided I prefer the standard black

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Personally I don't like neither the silver B-pillar trim nor the silver back panel trim for the 9G. I don't even like the sports grille with the silver strip on it! It reminds me too much of an Opel \ Vauxhall Grill, and I don't like those either.The only silver trim bit I would want to buy is the silver fog lights inserts. The're pretty nice I think! :D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you want to go silver, you should really do the whole set: fuel tank lid cover, B Pillar trim, mirror cap cover, rear tailgate trim, garnish for fog light opening and maybe the sports grill. Here are the items on the Cox Motor Parts website for example:

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2012-honda-civic-accessories-c-15_878_879.html

What I like about the 9G is that the B pillar trims are easily replaceable (held in via clips and screw) - on some cars, they are stuck onto the door frame assembly. Ideal for when you scratch or damage them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts