2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the trim on the B Pillar around the seatbelt height adjuster.

My roof lining is rattling above it on the passenger side and I'm finding it hard to drive and press the trim in at the same time to stop it rattling!!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
As remember you have to take off both door sill trims if you have 5 door model (about 4 clips hold them) and then you can take off lower part trim of seat belt (it has 2 or 3 clips holding it) and you have to pull it gently to inside (see pic). For upper part I'm not really sure since I never took it off but I guess it's almost same like lower part but difference is that you have to remove few parts of belt adjuster

hope this wil help a little bit

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sussed it thanks. Pull door rubbers away from mounting, partially remove trim (post above) at the top only. Then the top trim around the seatbelt adjuster pulls away from the B pillar and you have to slide it downwards to unhook it from behind the roof lining. Here there is a wiring loom that was free to move about so probably the source of the rattle. I put some packing behind the loom and refitted the trims. Test drive proves no more noise!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at that first but you can't slide anything in due to how the trim fits behind the roof lining. Cardboard works to stop the rattle though!! (positioned some behind wiring loom)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Sussed it thanks. Pull door rubbers away from mounting, partially remove trim (post above) at the top only. Then the top trim around the seatbelt adjuster pulls away from the B pillar and you have to slide it downwards to unhook it from behind the roof lining. Here there is a wiring loom that was free to move about so probably the source of the rattle. I put some packing behind the loom and refitted the trims. Test drive proves no more noise!!
Nice job.
Why not add it to the 'How to' in the Wiki?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts