2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,296 Posts
Moved

I've seen your posts on ClubJazz. I always thought Japan built vehicles were bulletproof. Fortunately my Jazz is OK ..... so far

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,296 Posts
The complaint seems to be that recent models have an issue with the engine noise on startup that sounds like 'a bag of spanners'. From reports there have been a number of similar complaints.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On start up from inside the car you can hear a clicking/rubbing noise which sounds like a bearing failing. From outside of the car with bonnet up you can hear the noise more pronounced plus the engine sounds like an extremely old diesel.
Honda master technician has said that a bulletin appeared online saying that there was an issue with the eCVT rattling under no load. Bulletin has since been removed. This also affects the new HRV hybrid.
Also the week before it went back the infotainment system had to be reset to factory settings three times.
So basically enough was enough. Having said that the dealership couldn’t have been more helpful throughout and supported the complaint with reports to Honda.
Honda customer service is another story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts