2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again all - back on here for the first time in years after having an FN2 but now have a 2.2 CDTi.

The thing is a shed but has some annoying problems I wouldn't mind getting sorted.

1. When hardly pressing the accelerator (like 1%) the car doesn't seem to know whether to accelerate or deaccelerate, and "pulses" on and off - this can be confirmed by the MPG display being erratic. This is very annoying as its most noticeable at 70mph in 6th!

2. It sometimes seems to "click" from the front, once when breaking, then once again when accelerating - is this subframe?

3. Like my FN2, the AC does not work - before I bother getting it regassed - is AC just rubbish on these cars, or am I unlucky?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Can't help on #1
#2 yes sounds like subframe, easy fix.
#3 the AC issues are more likely from lack of use in GB climate. Seals dry out, gas leaks out, compressor seizes, AC stops.

·
i-Vtec
3,112 Posts
#1 sounds like a dirty throttle body to me
#3 unless you have a way to test the AC relay replace it.
After than if it doesnt work a Pressure test/regas to confirm the system is sealed. Condensers are quite cheap now if that needs replacing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same issue with the accelerator, much worse in lower gears. Usually around 1750rpm can be quite lurchy accelerating clears it. Wonder if it is down to poor signal at the pedal end. Need to find the correct sensor in torque lite to see if it registers a fluctuation in throttle position.

Also have a clicking subframe and a hole in the condenser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts