basegreen said:
TTDegs said:
basegreen said:
Anyone buying the 2006 edition?
purely out of interest, obviously :D
I dont have the EX.
exactly - purely out of interest.

Mine, cos you're good like that :D

Sorry basegreen, no slur on your character intended :)

karlak said:
Cad said:
I will... if there's a significant improvement in the POI and map data.
If it fixes the poor POI locations - i.e. France being the closest - then this should be a freebie from Honda, under Warranty.
When the pigs fly! If Honda won't supply a £100 spare wheel, I really can't see them providing a DVD if they can persuade customers to pay £300 :?: for it.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Cad, good to know the back up will work. I haven't done mine yet, got the DL -R discs only to discover my top of the range Dell doesn't write to these discs. So I've now I'm waiting for an external DVD writer to arrive.

so the maps are 2005 ? that a bit old isnt , how much is 2006 version?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Backed up the Satnav DVD-ROM to -R DL blank DVD and the drive in the car accepts the copy no problem.

Minor point. As the back up was taking a while I went for a drive in the car while it was being done. After I got back I then put the disc in the car the Satnav wanted me to drive for a bit so it could work out where in the world it was. After about 15 seconds it displayed "United Kingdom".

Nice one.

Backing up the DVD doesn't seem to be much of a problem then, which is good news for those of us that like to keep originals safely tucked away.

I'm glad the SatNav realises you are in the UK ;) though mine didn't ask after I put the backup disk in.

i posted this in one of the lost posts, but has anyone tried having a stab at working out the file structure/formats, might be possible to work out how the POI's are held and then you can add your own from sites like pocket-world gps, i think beema drivers add POI's to their sat nav dvd's, and it wouldn't surprise me if the software is based on something similar like UNIX or Linux, just a thought only got an ES so can't look myself

i posted this in one of the lost posts, but has anyone tried having a stab at working out the file structure/formats, might be possible to work out how the POI's are held and then you can add your own from sites like pocket-world gps, i think beema drivers add POI's to their sat nav dvd's, and it wouldn't surprise me if the software is based on something similar like UNIX or Linux, just a thought only got an ES so can't look myself
I've had a stab, but with no luck. The databases appear encrypted, and indexed, and the OS is WINCE. Gave in pretty quickly though!

problems backing up

I've tried Nero 6 and Sonic Record Now Plus on different drives. 2 of them wont recognise the Varbatim DVD -R DL. My Pc's at work will recognise the blank discs for writing and will read the Honda Original. but..

When it goes to start writing the image it comes up with an error stating that it can't start disc at once.. and doesn't try to write.

Will try another brand new disc to see if its the one faulty disc
An alternative might be to use something like dvd decrptyer to create an ISO of the disc and then try burning image to DVD??

Help I work in IT and this doen't make sense!
Chris

ive done back-ups on quality +R DL disks and have had no reported problems. +R disks are better quality than -R.

ive done back-ups on quality +R DL disks and have had no reported problems. +R disks are better quality than -R.
are we talking backups of PC data or the Honda DVD?

flashing firmware at work may be difficult but can try!
Chris

hey guys,
Currently have the 2006 MAP --- 2007 is in the post..... is there a specific website outlining the updates???

i buy all my backup copies of the latest sat nav disks from ebay.. it goes without saying i own all the originals... just saves you the time ;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.