2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

By law in Denmark you have to have your taillight always on (and frontlight too). Unfortunately the autolights only turn on the frontlights during Daylight, which means I have to manually put on the taillight.

This annoys me! Does anyone know of a workaround, like a new light switch, or software change?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you sure about the law of always on for taillights?
According to this page: https://www.sikkertrafik.dk/raad-og-viden/i-bil/lys-og-lygter
It is the same rules as rest of Europe = no need for the taillights to be on until it gets dark.

But I do agree with you that I also would prefer them being on all the time since the energy saving it makes are so small compared to all the problems dark lights make at night with dumb drivers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. juli 2016 blev EU-reglen i øvrigt lavet om igen. På nye biler, der typegodkendes efter den dato skal baglyset tænde automatisk, i forbindelse med at nærlyset automatisk tændes, når det er lygtetændingstid.

was changed in 2016

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was at my dealers service place last week change to my winter wheels and they told me that there is a change in the EU law again regarding the taillights.
And you are correct in that they now must be lit again also during the day but that is only for new cars.
However I could not find anything when I tried to search for it.

In any case there is no firmware or workaround at the moment to get this done according to my service manager other than turning the lights on manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In any case there is no firmware or workaround at the moment to get this done according to my service manager other than turning the lights on manually.

That just seems wierd i have a hyundai ix35 and it was done on that in the software. Also since all the electronics seems to be controlled in software it should be easy to implement.
ohh well i guess they had another thought pattern when it was made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've wondered why manufacturers that have LED DRLs and LED Tail lights don't just leave the tail lights on, for the sake of ~10w of power.
Even if its not LED, i doubt its gonna effect anything. compared to the safety of visibility that it adds, its a no brainer. In my opinion should be always ON by law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts