2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to purchase a new SatNav disc (genuine one! [smilie=hate.gif]) after mine got scratched by the DVD unit which rendered it useless. BTW Honda wouldn’t replace it FOC even though it was the car’s DVD player which scratched it in the first place.

I have spent a fair bit of time searching through the SatNav posts but couldn't find whether it is possible to make a backup copy of the disc and run with that in the player so that I don’t have similar issues again and need to purchase another disc. I understand it is illegal to copy the DVD but if I have the original disc in my possession surely running on a backup copy is not as bad...

Sorry if this has already been posted... Suggestions welcome...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Depends on the version you have.

The latest one (3.41) has all sorts of copy protection on meaning a back-up copy won't work.

the earlier versions should work fine though as a back-up.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've ordered a couple of dual layer dvd's from the well known online auction site and will be making a copy soon!

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Hope you've ordered verbatims or equal approved mate?... Many (including me) have reported that cheaper brand discs cause problems in the drive!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Hope you've ordered verbatims or equal approved mate?... Many (including me) have reported that cheaper brand discs cause problems in the drive!
+1

Verbatims are the best. You might get lucky though, I used a Tesco own brand cheapy and it worked fine for me.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Thanks guys, I've ordered a couple of dual layer dvd's from the well known online auction site and will be making a copy soon!
Neither 3.40 nor 3.41 can be copied / backed-up, as a rule, by yourself …

Ditto 3.33 - which I have - it can be done partially (post codes apparently disappear) …

However, if you upgrade your status to "Supporter" (buy a sticker etc.), you'll be surprised at what you can find in here! …

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neither 3.40 nor 3.41 can be copied / backed-up, as a rule, by yourself …

Ditto 3.33 - which I have - it can be done partially (post codes apparently disappear) …

However, if you upgrade your status to "Supporter" (buy a sticker etc.), you'll be surprised at what you can find in here! …

I ordered verbatims as suggested by other users and have also become a member :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts