2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, are any of you experiencing false/bad ambient temperature readings on 10g civic? (type r)

I see the right temperature just when car is cold, but after some time of driving it goes incredibly up. Probably heatsoaking from front radiator or what, I noticed also when turning on AC it goes even higher (it shows me about 55 C degree)

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Yes mine was giving some inflated reading well after 10pm when outside temp had dropped.
Hello, are any of you experiencing false/bad ambient temperature readings on 10g civic? (type r)

I see the right temperature just when car is cold, but after some time of driving it goes incredibly up. Probably heatsoaking from front radiator or what, I noticed also when turning on AC it goes even higher (it shows me about 55 C degree)
Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I am assuming you mean the outdoor temp sensor, which is mounted in the front bumper?

Sounds to me that is more the the "under hood" temperature if you ask me...

Could be an incorrect positioned sensor (if the bumper has been removed and replaced at some point), or a buggered sensor..

Don't think there is a "under hood" temperature setting on the 10G CTR that I am aware of..

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I have noticed that it appears to require a little time to stabilise - a bit like the SatNav issue!!

I've not spent too much time on it, so cannot relate to specifics - whether it's direct sunlight, heatsoak from the engine, etc ...

Generally, after 2 - 4 minutes' running it appears to be more-or-less of the correct order I reckon.

Al.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts