2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone else got an annoying rattle coming from the rear of the car .took mine back to honda they said they had fixed it but its still there . I know about the shocks problem but it doesn't sound like its that .could be wrong though.Any idears

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Parcel shelf loose?
Tail gate out of alignment?
Tool kits loose?
Seatbelt buckles against doors?

:confused:

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I had an annoying rattle coming from the rear too, which at times vibrated in tune with the engine, making me suspect it was the exhaust. I took the car to the dealer last week and they found a spring in the rear suspension was upside down, they also adjusted the tailgate. I'm pleased to say that the rattle is now history.

I'd pressure the dealer to find it; nobody should have to tolerate a drum solo in a new car.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
With the cold snap that started last week, my dash has suddenly developed rattle syndrome, and I'm talking big style, i.e. can hear it above the radio (vol12).

Found one of them, it's coming from the centre air vent area, if I gently press my hand on the top surround of those 2 vents it doesn't do it.

The worse one I've no idea where it's coming from yet but it does it everytime you hit a good bump, manhole, divit in the road and it gives off a terrible noise, sounds like it's all around windscreen or up above my head near the visors, quite a nasty that's really loud on every good bump... add to list for dealer, I can put up with a slight noise now and again but in the last week my Civic has turned into a bone-shaker and is completely unacceptable for a 6-month old car.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Fedorov,
"Bone-shaker" just about sums up my experience with this car. It's totally spoiled any "new car feelgood factor".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fedorov,
"Bone-shaker" just about sums up my experience with this car. It's totally spoiled any "new car feelgood factor".
Its the fact the suspension is so hard i think ,mines got the 18's on and its not the best ride in the world 'but it looks the part though .
On the rattle problem if i can last to the next service then they can look out .there's a few things that are realy cracking me up .misses thinks i'm paranoid and blames these forums .

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Fedorov,

"What Car" magazine really don't seem to like Honda at the moment. But when, months ago, they summed up the Civic as a 'noisy bone-shaker', perhaps they were being more prescient than petulant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts