2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Recently my mk9 Civic with nearly 50k miles on the clock feels like it's wandering all over the place, particularly on uneven roads, which unfortunately for me is most of the roads where I live. I've taken it to two garages, one being the Honda dealer who took it for a test drive on their very flat roads near by, both garages said they couldn't find anything wrong.

This all started fairly suddenly at the end of last year. Tyres are half worn but I tried swapping the wheels front to back so the best pair are on the front, had the tracking checked twice, none of these efforts have really made any difference. There are no knocking noises.

The car does feel slightly more bouncy over bumps than it used to, I'm suspecting the front shocks but manually bouncing the front doesn't appear to cause it to bounce more than usual. Does anyone know if a bad shock absorber would give these symptoms? and is there any other way to tell if a shock absorber is bad?

Annoyingly I had this with the previous mk8 civic which went on for years with various garages saying they couldn't find anything wrong until I part exchanged it, so don't want to repeat that again.

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes I had read that somewhere also. Unfortunately they weren't any better/worse on the back, this was more an experiment to see if it had any effect at all, but it didn't appear to.

Thanks

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
I had this recently and a change of the front tyres fixed it. Just started to feel as though there was a knock when I held the steering wheel. Tyre were pretty shot to be honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts