2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I restart the warm engine, after 15 min, there is a bad smell, blowing in the car.
After 1 min. its over.
Its not the airco,
Its from the engine,
there is something that smell really bad.
only I see nothing wrong.
Can anybody help me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its like gas.
There is a LPG in it.
But they have test it.
And there is no leak.
But its a bit like a LPG-smell

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I have no experience of LPG, can't really imagine what it could be. I've not heard of an LPG coversion on the Civic.
What Car Q&A - Can I run my Honda Civic on LPG?

12 April 2007

Q: Is it possible to convert my 53-plate Honda Civic to run on LPG?
Salim Virani

A: Your Civic is fitted with a V-TEC engine that has softer valve seats than those used in other cars. Unfortunately, this means that it is unsuitable for conversion to LPG without major mechanical modification.

The cost of modification is likely to be expensive, and would make it harder for you to save any money by converting to LPG, unless you have a very high annual mileage.

On average, a litre of LPG costs half that of diesel, and you can expect to reduce your fuel costs by roughly 40% due to the lower fuel duty paid on LPG. The Government has made a commitment to keep the tax on LPG consistently lower than the tax on petrol and diesel. Currently the fuel duty on LPG stands at 6.1p per litre compared with 48.35p per litre on petrol and diesel.

Those looking to convert their cars to run on LPG can check the list of registered installers by visiting LPG Autogas - the greener, cleaner and cheaper fuel alternative. Typically an installation can cost between £1500 and £2000, depending on car and the exact components used

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What Car Q&A - Can I run my Honda Civic on LPG?

12 April 2007

Q: Is it possible to convert my 53-plate Honda Civic to run on LPG?
Salim Virani

A: Your Civic is fitted with a V-TEC engine that has softer valve seats than those used in other cars. Unfortunately, this means that it is unsuitable for conversion to LPG without major mechanical modification.

The cost of modification is likely to be expensive, and would make it harder for you to save any money by converting to LPG, unless you have a very high annual mileage.

On average, a litre of LPG costs half that of diesel, and you can expect to reduce your fuel costs by roughly 40% due to the lower fuel duty paid on LPG. The Government has made a commitment to keep the tax on LPG consistently lower than the tax on petrol and diesel. Currently the fuel duty on LPG stands at 6.1p per litre compared with 48.35p per litre on petrol and diesel.

Those looking to convert their cars to run on LPG can check the list of registered installers by visiting LPG Autogas - the greener, cleaner and cheaper fuel alternative. Typically an installation can cost between £1500 and £2000, depending on car and the exact components used
Is This the reason of the smell?
But there is no "alarm" when we "sniffel" it with a LPG-alarm tester.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it too sometimes Basske. I have a 1.8 petrol and sometimes on a warm start up i can smell what seems like exhaust fumes but this is gone within 30 seconds. Just another of those characteristics of the car i guess :)
Correct, its very fast gone,
but its realy strange.

** Woette, kan ik je persoonlijk mailen?**

·
Driving on bad roads
175 Posts
I have it too sometimes Basske. I have a 1.8 petrol and sometimes on a warm start up i can smell what seems like exhaust fumes but this is gone within 30 seconds. Just another of those characteristics of the car i guess :)
same here

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
and me, smells like a fire burning - sort of

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Yea I get that too. But only recently. I just presumed that since I was reversing at the time it due to that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts