2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got myself a front grille badge without having to pay silly dealer prices
but it never come with any fixings, so was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i could use or if there is any similer clips i could buy that could do the job,

thanks in advance
Gaz

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Because I didn't want to take the whole front end off my brand new CTR...I had the same dilema as I had bought an original Honda Type R badge!! (£16.50 of ebay...honda dealer)

Sooo.....I found an old thin bicycle innertube and cut about 5 or 6 small squares exactly the same size as the flat bits on the back of the badge and stuck them on with top quality superglue.... When set I made sure I knew exactly where to stick the badge before supergluing the now rubber backed badge to the grill
(I practiced the placement prior to positioning several times before I put glue on as you will only get 1 chance as the glue will grab hold instantly)

The badge is now welded to the grill...simples [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt think you could get the fixings as honda dont seem to split the parts hence
the grille badge and decals they wont split

mr fannay
i like you dont want to strip the front of my new shiny type r but neither do i want to
stick super glue on the grille .... deilema dilema
i will ponder you idea though as i want my badge on this weekend

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
didnt think you could get the fixings as honda dont seem to split the parts hence
the grille badge and decals they wont split

mr fannay
i like you dont want to strip the front of my new shiny type r but neither do i want to
stick super glue on the grille .... deilema dilema
i will ponder you idea though as i want my badge on this weekend
The badge looks like it is stuck on properly there's no sign of the glue or the rubber..its well solid
Just remember if you want to take the whole bumper off, you'll have to disconnect the HID washers etc...ouch

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The badge looks like it is stuck on properly there's no sign of the glue or the rubber..its well solid
Just remember if you want to take the whole bumper off, you'll have to disconnect the HID washers etc...ouch

yeh yeh like thats gonna happen ...lol..
off to wilkos in the morn for super glue and a inner tube me thinks

cheers for the info

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
yeh yeh like thats gonna happen ...lol..
off to wilkos in the morn for super glue and a inner tube me thinks

cheers for the info
Or try trim tape from Halfords (double sided strong adhesive tape) that's what its designed for. It works a treat. :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the info will have a mooch around the shops tomoz while the other half is in work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts