2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our aircraft industry has had it !. What a disgrace.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
this place we call england is up the pan as well mate ;)

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Our aircraft industry has had it !. What a disgrace.
Hey?

The situation isn't that bad. Industry is very much alive. Tust me I work there!!!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry, I should have been more precise. I was referring to the BAE Systems factory at Woodford in Cheshire, which is closing with the loss of the final 630 jobs. I think A V Roe moved to that site in the 1920's.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I'm sorry, I should have been more precise. I was referring to the BAE Systems factory at Woodford in Cheshire, which is closing with the loss of the final 630 jobs. I think A V Roe moved to that site in the 1920's.
Indeed you bare correct, woodford shutting and 200 job losses in total elsewhere.

Don't be fooled though, this is happening in 2012, and in the meantime, BAE are trying to find them positions by then elsewhere in the company.

I can assure you, they are a very very fair company to work for. I would be very surprised if by tyhat time (2012), it will only be people taking voluntary redundancy that leave.

I must also stress that BAE are the biggest employee in the North West, and they have many sites elsewhere in the UK.

Also due to the size of the company, 1 or 2 people in an average sized company is the equivalent of a few hundred at BAE.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And why do people listen to all this bull in the press. Do you always beleive everything you read?
Are you really that naive?

The BAE files | World news | guardian.co.uk

The latest allegations come from Austria.

The original piece I quoted involved Mark Thomas, comedian and activist, who thoroughly does his research.

BAE have a history of dodgy arms deals (through bribery) and they're tied into the gentlemans club at whitehall... in other words they're corrupt. Also this is the reason why the company will never fold, the state will support it.

Please note, I'm not having a go at you personally, we all have to earn a crust.

But will I shed a tear if the company shrinks? Not a chance.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Are you really that naive?

The BAE files | World news | guardian.co.uk

The latest allegations come from Austria.

The original piece I quoted involved Mark Thomas, comedian and activist, who thoroughly does his research.

BAE have a history of dodgy arms deals (through bribery) and they're tied into the gentlemans club at whitehall... in other words they're corrupt. Also this is the reason why the company will never fold, the state will support it.

Please note, I'm not having a go at you personally, we all have to earn a crust.

But will I shed a tear if the company shrinks? Not a chance.

No probs - each to their own. All I will say is don't beleive everything in the press.

Yeah I work at Warton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts