2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just wanted to share with you my anger and sadness at what happened to my car yesterday on a seemingly simple short journey.
In the big scheme of things and compared to accidents that members have luckily walked away from it's nothing, but still as a car enthuiast it winds me right up and I'm still fuming.

Some may remember that not too long ago I had my bonnet resprayed due to cocking up a small stone chip repair, basically I wanted to get it just right and in doing so using a rubbing compound rubbed through the paint :( Oooops.

Well the bonnet now needs respraying again and this time it wasn't my fault and is a lot worse and more deserving of a respray. Pictures attached.
I was travelling in the fast lane, just cruising along at sensible speeds when I saw something coming at me in the corner of my eye from the other dual carriageway. Didn't hear a bang and so thought I might be lucky and it was a bit of plastic or rubber, changed my mind when I arrived home and saw this!

Hey ho, will get it done in time perhaps after my wedding now which is on 23rd May. Shame as car was looking sweet to after another wash and coat of Colly being added.

Ian

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Nasty mate, sorry. Thats a nice dent and down to the metal... easily happens though :-(

Tom

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Bad news my friend.
Still it will be as good as new soon.
Enjoy your wedding first, trust me thats enough stress for anybody!!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
At least EVENTUALLY you will have a good bonnet...

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey All,

Thanks guys and also for the congratulations on my forthcoming wedding, which I will ad has been stressful at times sorting it all out.
Luckily for me though the gorgeous other half has done 99% of the work and I've just been on stand by :D

Are you using the same company for the respray? It looks like they made a great job of it last time.
Hey matey, Yes the plan is when I do get it done the same spray shop will do it again as like you say they did a cracking job last time.
I've got a quote already £270+VAT which is about what I paid last time as well.

Today I am nipping outside and touching it up with some paint to blend it in a bit and also seal it from moisture where it has gone down to bare metal. I think I may also make myself some vinyl strips which taper off towards the window to hide it until it's fixed, problem is as you all know when you know it's there it sits in your mind and winds you up even more.

Thanks again all for the words of encouragement.

Ian

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Ouch mate, that has gotta hurt. Any idea what it was which hit the car?

Oh, and like others have said, Congrats - all the best to you and your better half :)

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch mate, that has gotta hurt. Any idea what it was which hit the car?

Oh, and like others have said, Congrats - all the best to you and your better half :)
Hey,

Yeah, I'm still reeling now :police:
To be honest with you no, I saw an object coming for me but didn't hear it hit and so hoped it was a piece of plastic or rubber even. When I stopped I twigged it had to be a large stone or other.

Thanks for the congratulations on my immenient wedding.

Ian

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
really sorry to see the damage :( i wonder what must have hit you?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
gutted man... truly
the same happened to me, the day i had my exhaust fitted -all happy - went for a drive...
driving behind a bus...
and the bus hits the tree branches that over hang the road...
next minute, chunk of wood comes down...
bounces up the bonnet twice (denting ) and up the window, onto the roof - dinting it - and off the car...

like every time you spend money/ sort out your car- something else happens to cancel the 'good' out... bad luck if you ask me!

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really sorry to see the damage :( i wonder what must have hit you?
Hey,

Don't know for sure, but whatever it is would have been ground to sand if I had of caught it :mad:

gutted man... truly
the same happened to me, the day i had my exhaust fitted -all happy - went for a drive...
driving behind a bus...
and the bus hits the tree branches that over hang the road...
next minute, chunk of wood comes down...
bounces up the bonnet twice (denting ) and up the window, onto the roof - dinting it - and off the car...

like every time you spend money/ sort out your car- something else happens to cancel the 'good' out... bad luck if you ask me!
Hey,

Oooh, that was bad bouncing up the car like that.
Fully agree with you, in fact I think at times the more you try to keep the car clean and clear of dents & dings the more it gets.
A few years ago I used to run two cars for this very reason, an old one for the donkey work and my good one for the nice stuff but it's a bit over the top in reality.

Ian

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Sorry for you ....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Exactly the same thing I had among army of other stone chips. It's nothing special but I regret too! A lot of hustle...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts