2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So a few months ago I bought myself an old civic with 161,000 miles on the clock for a bargain price from the auctions. Of course it was too good to be true, clutch knackered, no air con, 3 new tyres needed and the sat nav dvd unit useless.
Spent almost a grand on getting all the niggles sorted and so far has been nothing short of a dream to own. Only thing I will say is the visibility isnt great and it has the turning circle of a tank!

Thankfully I went for the EX model so have all the little luxuries and they all work pretty well. From what I have read it only seems to be the clutch that is the main problem in this model so im hoping ill get another 70,000 miles at least off this new one so long as the engine holds.

I want to ask any of you long termers here how long can these motors go for? What should I expect/look out for when i get past the 200,000 mile mark and hopefully onto the 300,000 mile mark. I really want to keep this car and on the road for as long as possible. I like to hold onto things a long time if possible.
Im no pro but i like to do most of the work on the car myself and as parts are so cheap it seems doable for many years to come.
Always been a Honda fan but a Toyota driver so happy to make the change.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts
There is a 200k "club" for Civics, think they might be on this forum somewhere.
Plenty of info available from them.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
On the 2.2, Other than the chocolate clutch, the other common fault is cracked exhaust manifolds - You'll soon tell if you develop one, with a nice waft of noxious exhaust fumes etc.
Other than that, the regular niggles of the 8G - Roof rust (Unless you have a panoramic roof, being EX), soft paint et al - Most common faults are documented in the Wiki.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts