2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Could anyone tell me what Honda should charge labour wise for basic service, with rear pads and sparks.
I know prices vary but I know my dealer is £80 and hour so maybe if anyone knows what time would be for each on there job sheets?
Don't want my pants pulled down as one dealer wanted £100 fitting for my supplied rear pads!!! I know there £110 all in!!!
Also is Petronas oil any good?
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to achieve by getting Honda to supply just labour. If you supply the parts, I doubt Honda will warrant anything especially if they are not Honda OEM parts. Whether they will stamp your service book is another issue. Three scenarios to consider.
1. Get Honda to carry out a basic service and stamp the service book. Anything else you need doing and you cannot do it yourself then get the parts and have a recommended local garage fit them.
2. If you are not worried about the service history then get the parts and have a recommended local garage fit them.
3. Get Honda to carry out a basic service and stamp the service book then do the rest yourself if you have the tools and knowledge.
Don't forget that you rely on brakes so unless you are competent mechanically, get a professional to do any brake related work

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Okay cool.
Just to give you an idea I had my front discs and pads changed by my local garage and it was 55 quid labour.
Could you use a good local garage to do the work ?

Reactions: sniffer

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what you are trying to achieve by getting Honda to supply just labour. If you supply the parts, I doubt Honda will warrant anything especially if they are not Honda OEM parts. Whether they will stamp your service book is another issue. Three scenarios to consider.
1. Get Honda to carry out a basic service and stamp the service book. Anything else you need doing and you cannot do it yourself then get the parts and have a recommended local garage fit them.
2. If you are not worried about the service history then get the parts and have a recommended local garage fit them.
3. Get Honda to carry out a basic service and stamp the service book then do the rest yourself if you have the tools and knowledge.
Don't forget that you rely on brakes so unless you are competent mechanically, get a professional to do any brake related work

It's purely costs cutting . Parts can be purchased from cox Honda and Cannock Honda cheaper than my dealer.
I've got full history with Honda since new 2008 so want to maintain.

I had thought about doing what you said with getting the basic service then using a local garage for pads and sparks (Honda want £140 to supply and fit sparks) which I think is a tad too much

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay cool.

Just to give you an idea I had my front discs and pads changed by my local garage and it was 55 quid labour.

Could you use a good local garage to do the work ?

Thanks mate £55 is decent price to change discs and pads .
Local independent wants £40 to swop the rears which I think is alright.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Cox and others are the way to go for genuine parts at reduced cost but you would need to check with your local dealer as to whether they will stamp the service history if you supply the parts.

Like you I want the service history but also keep costs down so I have had Honda do the basic service and stamp the service book then done anything else via a local garage or by myself. Just did the spark plugs @ £40 for Denso plugs from Euro Car Parts and about 30 minutes of my time. Mind you I have a 1.8 so it maybe different for your type R.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right bit concerned. Local garage have fitted my pads but they don't appear to have fitted the top or the casing on the too of the pad .(sorry don't know right description) I can read the honda writing on the too of the pad.
Should I be worried? Should they have a top casing or layer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
6th year service due on mine. Involves sparks transmission oil and brake fluid as extras over and above a normal service.
Vertu Honda durham more than happy for me to supply fluids and genuine parts through cox and for them to do the labour. Said they may want to see invoice to just make sure of genuine parts

Is working out around 100 quid cheaper than what Honda wanted to fit and supply everything themselves.

190.00 labour +31.50 mot with me supplying parts

Reactions: blaze
1 - 10 of 10 Posts