2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 07 civic ex which having battery problems, after reading forums I see this is an issue, how do I remove dash to get to it as posts I've saw pictures don't come up? Any help much appreciated, thanks Colin

·
i-Vtec
2,224 Posts
Open the drivers door and pull of the blanking plate on the end of the dashboard. You will the see a silver screw. Unscrew it and the lower panel under the dashboard just pulls off. HFT module for the bluetooth is on that panel you've just pulled of from what ive read here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Could also be the Air Conditioning relay which are prone to failure if you have the Omron type fitted.

They can fail with the contacts in the open state or the closed state. If it fails in the closed state it means the clutch on your AC compressor is permanently energised causing battery drain. Either way, if you have the Omron relay fitted, get it replaced with the Mitsuba recommended replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old Post & I hope you don't mind me butting in.
I to have Battery Issues....
hope this site covers UK cars....
Am in a bit of a pickle here, got a 2005/6 Civic which is on the whole a superb car for what we want.
However, developed a strange battery problem over the last few months. Runs great & starts Everytime until you leave it for a weekend then no chance on Monday....
So what have I done so far?.
Diagnostics came up clean.
put an ammeter in line at the battery & get 0.02a draw with the ign off. Turn the ign on & get 6-7a draw
Got hold of the aircon clutch & can turn it so ac relay should be ok.
Reconnect battery & start up, get 14.5 at the battery.
Turn the engine off then turn key on & 20mins later it will not start.
disconnect battery & do a drop test & there is no significant voltage drop there.
So! Am I looking at a new battery or something more sinister?
​​​​​​​Many thanks in advance one & all!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I disconnected mine yesterday during my lunch break only took 10 mins. (07 Civic Type S). After the car had been standing for 4 hours, I went to disconnect and the module was warm to touch, which I found very odd, so I'm hoping the long journeys I have to make over the christmas period will charge my battery and it wont then struggle to start in the mornings. ** fingers crossed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts