2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm going to replace my battery. Does it go without saying that it's best to get the official Honda part? Or are there better brands worth using instead. e.g. I saw a Bosch battery on eurocarparts. Not much difference in price so just trying to go for the best one, long lasting, reliable etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one cheers. The Honda battery is on sale, making it about the same price as the Bosch. Still go for the Bosch one do you reckon?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the BOSCH last month, works fine for my Type-R, only problem I had was with the positive terminal connector; it is literally 0.5 - 1mm too loose; so I just duct taped it down; to stop it from "bouncing" off whilst driving. Probably just a really bad combo with my specific car + the specific battery I received from ECP.

Hi all,

I'm going to replace my battery. Does it go without saying that it's best to get the official Honda part? Or are there better brands worth using instead. e.g. I saw a Bosch battery on eurocarparts. Not much difference in price so just trying to go for the best one, long lasting, reliable etc.

Thanks!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,878 Posts
I ordered the BOSCH last month, works fine for my Type-R, only problem I had was with the positive terminal connector; it is literally 0.5 - 1mm too loose; so I just duct taped it down; to stop it from "bouncing" off whilst driving. Probably just a really bad combo with my specific car + the specific battery I received from ECP.
Having a loose connection like that would really worry me... the connection needs to be spot-on, otherwise you will definitely have starting problems one day.

When I recently needed a new battery for my diesel Accord (same one as the diesel Civic) an OEM battery from Honda (made by Delphi/Johnson) was actually cheaper than I could get a Bosch S5 for, and the specs (Ah and CCA rating) were identical... So I got one from Honda.

I often hear of people having problems with how badly the Bosch ones sometimes fit. And I would definitely avoid getting a battery that had terminals that were too small.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I have the same problem with the Bosch one I bought, but I did manage to get it a tight fit in the end with some brute force. That being said, if I bought again I'd just get Honda as it does make me a little uneasy that it's not a great fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like it could be a common issue, then of course go for a Honda battery - would of done the same had I known.

Fixing it isn't a difficult job; just need to either brute force it like you did, or just get the terminal cable changed. Will request that on it's next service!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts