2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In the last few weeks I've been noticing that when starting the engine there is a bit of trouble. You know the needle of the fuel goes up when you turn the ignition key, well when I press the start button it goes down on hick-ups end the start is (only) a bit difficult. Also the seat belt beep goes again as it has forgotten about its annoying action only few seconds ago. Is this the battery or something else? And btw this happens in 50% of the start ups, not always. Additionally, during the last check of the car in the dealership they said the battery was at 69% and its still ok (that was about an year ago).

Thanks in advance for the advices! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Check the battery voltage when cranking the car, IMO anything below 11 indicates the battery is going bad.

Seat beat sound going off again implies the voltage is dropping too much and causing it to reset, so at a guess I would say its the battery

·
Registered
353 Posts
If its the original battery it could on the way out as the syptoms you have given suggests the voltage is too low. But it may be worth getting your battery tested again. In a year it could have lost some capacity.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
So what was the outcome?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts