2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my battery runs dead VERY quick. It will run dead within half an hour of having the radio on with the amp and subs. This isnt normal is it?

Once bumped and driven a few miles it has no problems again. Will start first time etc.

Should I get the battery checked? Or is his normal?

Also what other batteries are there that will fit that are stronger?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
How long to you drive it for once it goes dead?

Might be worth going for a nice long drive to give it a good charge.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
If you emptied your battery few times already, than you already did damage too - reducing it's capacity.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I changed my bat just before xmas. The car was 3 and a half yrs old. Less than 40k at the time. The original bat isn't a strong point from what ive read. Mine was struggling to start.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Well my battery runs dead VERY quick. It will run dead within half an hour of having the radio on with the amp and subs. This isnt normal is it?

Once bumped and driven a few miles it has no problems again. Will start first time etc.

Should I get the battery checked? Or is his normal?

Also what other batteries are there that will fit that are stronger?
Has this started since you had the car running idle for 7/8 hours a few weeks back?

As obviously that meant for 7/8 hours the battery was used without being charged properly.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Are you running the radio with the engine off?? if so, with additional amps etc i'm surprised you get 30 mins out of it.

Once its been drained, bumped etc, you need a good 1hr of driving to get it properly charged back up or leave it on a trickle charger to drip feed the recharge.

One tip i've been taught, when charging it up , leave the lights on as you drive as it encourages the re-charge. Don't know how well it works tho....

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
First - is the battery actually charging correctly ? ...

Second - the Bosch S4 is a straight swap, and seemingly performs much better than OEM ...

Third - you can fit the higher capacity battery from the 2.2 (you'll also need the larger support tray etc.) ...

Fourth - the Bosch S6 is an upgrade from the OEM 2.2 battery ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts