12.5v unloaded
11.8v with electronics powered up in car
9.8v cranking

Running voltage was fine.

New battery time?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
A fully charged battery should be putting out 14.4 volts underload and when cranking over the engine it shouldnt drop under 9.6 volts.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
the only way to properly test a battery is with a load tester that tests output voltage under heavy load. it's possiblt to have a dead cell and still see a healthy voltage under certain conditions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Testing a car battery voltage isnt that good of an indication. I would'nt replace it because the voltage is a bit low. How is it acting? Causing any problems? Not starting in the cold? When tempertures are lower the chemical reaction is slowed so if your battery survied the w
inter It should last the summer.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Testing a car battery voltage isnt that good of an indication. I would'nt replace it because the voltage is a bit low. How is it acting? Causing any problems? Not starting in the cold? When tempertures are lower the chemical reaction is slowed so if your battery survied the w
inter It should last the summer.
Loaded voltage and hydrometer are the standard health checks. The battery is behaving ok. It is over 5 years old now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.