2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I think that device is an anti-theft unit, which appears to "disconnect" the battery to stop the engine being started, rather than something which could maintain the charge in the battery.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I think that device is an anti-theft unit, which appears to "disconnect" the battery to stop the engine being started, rather than something which could maintain the charge in the battery.
But it would also prevent drain if the battery is disconnected.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
But it would also prevent drain if the battery is disconnected.
"It has a trickle circuit that allows a limited amount of current to be drawn to maintain memories and presets......."

Is that not the problem, though, (the actual level of trickle drawn) that is emptying our batteries? If it "trickled" for long enough, even through this gizmo, the the battery would still flatten.

I really don't thing this device would help.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
"It has a trickle circuit that allows a limited amount of current to be drawn to maintain memories and presets......."

Is that not the problem, though, (the actual level of trickle drawn) that is emptying our batteries? If it "trickled" for long enough, even through this gizmo, the the battery would still flatten.

You are probably right.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
batterybrain

I will ask battery.com from USA:

iF -bb- allows a limited amount to be drawn to mainten memories does bb disconet main battery when it reach some valey and preserve battery from total draining (which will be occur for memories and presets in long period) and allow battery to start next time?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BB

I call batterybrain from USA.They said:If memory preset which will be on discharge battery to the point thet you will not start car again it will disconect everything memory preset clock and all car battery and you can start car next time.This mean thet BB is solution for flat battery problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts