2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm driving a 2005 Mazda 3 1.6D TS Hatchback in Winning Blue and just getting a little bit bored of it. Its a nice car (in probably the best colour ever) but what I really want is something that is a bit more like the Starship Enterprise.

So, its going up for sale in the next fortnight or so and I'll be on the hunt for an FK2 Civic ES or EX.

The Mazda has a few mods, HID Projector Headlights, Leather Steering Wheel from a Sport, Leather Illuminated Gearknob from a JDM MX5, Custom Stereo, Bluetooth Telephone etc etc. I'm pretty certain when I get my Civic my old habits will not go away and I won't be able to leave it alone! So, you'll see me around here :)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hussein. You've got a super colour on your Mazda, so you might want to find a Vivid Blue Civic, which is now inexplicably discontinued, if you want something equally eye-popping.

Hope you enjoy it here - lots to read, especialy about mods! :)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the place :D

Good look with finding a FK2 :)

·
Dude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone :)

Hey, its alright to like the Mazda! The MPS version is still a practically invisible boring looking machine but with 240BHP under the bonnet! Plus its well made and quite smart.

Just not all that exciting, and I feel like a change to Petrol from Diesel too. Past two cars been Diesel, and seeing the price shoot up and myself drive more and more in town, the quiet smoothness of Petrol is calling.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome to the club! I was quite interested in the Mazda 3 Sport when I was looking for a new car. Ended up with the Civic as it was different and had cheaper running costs.

·
Dude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nearly 5 months later...

After a bit of consideration I went with an FK3 instead of an FK2. The 2.2 is a great engine! Its 2006, EX, and has 47k on the clock. Its in okay condition, a few little nicks here and there but it was very good value. Love it so far! I picked it up on Friday morning.

• Suspension is more jiggly on poorly surfaced roads and doesn't handle small bumps very well... but even though I am driving around London, I'm actually finding it okay! Maybe I was expecting worse, but it hasn't really got on my nerves yet at all and I think I may be okay with it. Maybe too young for this to be a big deal.
  • I have a great stereo install in the Mazda with Alpine components in the front. Expecting the Civic to be not nearly as good, but really speaking its actually okay. Fairly clear, its not the greatest stereo ever but pretty acceptable and I'm definitely happy with it as it is. I guess I just don't turn it up loud enough to stretch it, must be getting old. Non-Sport Mazda 3's have the worst standard speakers in existence - no tweeters, makes all women on the radio sound like men, and men sound like they are from the moon.
  • All the electronics are really good! Quite happy with the Satnav, the phone works well with my G1, the voice command understands me nearly every time and its all quite easy and fun to use!
  • The seats are really good. Supportive, comfy and the material is great too.
  • Engine and gearbox are both superb. A little jumpy in 3rd around 1500rpm, but apart from that its smooth, powerful, slick, not too noisy and such a joy to blast around in. Driven gently it reports to be quite economical too.
There are a few issues:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Nice looking motor !

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
nice one mate..hey your old mazda is same colour as my civic :O

·
Dude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3 Months later, and I couldn't leave it alone!

Sorry for the grainy photos btw, its getting a bit dark...

Sports Grille. Not seen any others on Cosmic Grey apart from Neo so far.

Rear Footwell Lighting

Made with a piece of Rick's LED Strip and wired up like this so they dim.

Door Sill Garnish. Very classy.

DICE R4 iPod Kit. Note the AUX Socket in the Centre Console.

Bright LED Boot Light. It gets dark early, and I use my boot all the time. Always appreciate the extra light in here.

Very useful simple 5 minute mod with more LED Strips from Rick

As well as all this, I have Mr JP's W5W LEDs in my numberplate light and Philips Bluevision (3500K?) W5W Sidelights.

I wonder what I'll be up to in another 3 months?

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
its mid feb! any more updates?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Indeed :D

haha "apart from Neo"

yeah im weird :p

more updates!

·
Dude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah im weird :p
Only as weird as me!

The only mod since the last 'batch' has been an install of gray52's box of tricks so the mirrors fold and unfold when locking. Very nice it is too.

I have fog covers, but I haven't really got around to putting them on the car yet, should really do that soon. Maybe next weekend.

Really want to install my Empeg in the car (e.g. in my Skoda, then in my Mazda and my sisters Benz too). I think I could do a fairly reasonable job of replacing the cubby hole in front of the gearstick with it. Don't really have all that much time to be messing around with my car these days, but I should really get around to it at some point.

Lack of pictures... here is a random one from my phone of the car in the snow:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts