2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

It's been a long time coming, but I've finally got round to putting up some photos from our trip to the Belgium F1 GP at Spa this year.

It was our first (but not last) ever F1 experience and it was just BRILLIANT! We drove over in the FN2 on the Wednesday, fully laden with camping gear and supplies for the week. It always amazes me just how much you can fit into an FN2!!! :) We did a similar thing on a France road trip in 2008. I think there's a thread somewhere....

Anyway, the whole weekend was fantastic. From the pitwalk on the Thursday (where my wife managed to get Jenson all confused when asking him to sign a photo of our two kittens (called Lewis and Jenson)), through all the action at the track, the great fun we had on the campsite (in spite of seemingly ENDLESS drizzle and rain, the great people we met and a great result!!!

What a weekend!

We've already booked up for Silverstone. Hopefully I'll see some fellow Civic owners there!!!

On the photography side, it was hard work! The light was pretty terrible most of the time, you were often trying to shoot through a fence/railings and these things move a bit quick! So, I'm not as pleased with the photos as I was with those from my 'Goodwood' thread (search it if you like!) but it was fun nonetheless!

Enjoy!

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Awesome !!!!!

Reactions: aphemia

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
brilliant mate, im going to spa in april for a track day, so looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Fantastic :D

Reactions: aphemia

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks amazing, i was on about going to spa this coming season with my dad. May show him these :)
It's a great track, that's for sure!! We have meant to go for a few years but just never got round to sorting it out. We're so glad we did. Silverstone next year for sure (already booked!) and maybe another....Abu Dhabi ??? :popcorn2:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brilliant mate, im going to spa in april for a track day, so looking forward to it.
That's going to be AMAZING!!!

Eau Rouge is going to be incredible! I think the straight after that might get a bit boring though. It's looooooooooong!!! The route down from the top of the track will be brilliant too. Wow. Please get some in-car video!!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great pics!!, although im not sure if i could last long with such weather :eek:
Thanks

Yes, the weather was a bit of a shame. I didn't get the camera out too much in the wet (so quite a lot of the photos look sunny!) but it really was non-stop drizzle and wetness for five days. We only had a tiny two man tent as well, so we didn't really have any 'dry' space.

It was partly a blessing though. There was a definite buzz around the campsite. We were all in it together and it just gave us a good excuse to go and hang out with other people who had huge tents!

Getting off the mudslick of a field in a fully laden Type-R (also lowered 30mm) was also pretty interesting!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
absolutly great pics! looks like yous had a cracking time. loving the ferrari photo of yourself btw lol
Yeah, Alonso was pretty well hated by everyone we met.

There were a lot of Germans there and a lot of Brits, so lots of support for Lewis, Jenson, Vettel and Schumacher. Everyone seemed to be united by a dislike for Alonso.

In the village pub after the race (which we only found on the last day!) there was a cracking atmosphere. Someone admitted to getting a signed picture of Alonso on the pitwalk and it got burnt there and then!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1 - 18 of 18 Posts