2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
belt as far as I'm aware?

But then I wouldn't argue with TPW..

I always took it to be the belt that sits toward the front of the engine bay, leftish/downish in relation the manifold cover

take no notice of the arrow, that's supposedly pointing to/an Injen CAI.

From the pic above I thought it was the belt that is in the bottom left hand corner about a centimtere up and an inch across to the right from the edge of the pic.

·
Registered
610 Posts
100% chain!

·
Registered
23 Posts
belt as far as I'm aware?

But then I wouldn't argue with TPW..

I always took it to be the belt that sits toward the front of the engine bay, leftish/downish in relation the manifold cover

take no notice of the arrow, that's supposedly pointing to/an Injen CAI.

From the pic above I thought it was the belt that is in the bottom left hand corner about a centimtere up and an inch across to the right from the edge of the pic.

I think you have described a serpintine belt which works air con water pump etc poss power steering (not sure on a civic).

ATB

·
Registered
610 Posts
^^^^+1
Your thinking of the aux belt which drives the alternator, water pump and aircon compressor.
Actual engine timing is a chain and is zero maintenance unless it gets bumped and could possibly stretch then its an engine out job to change it.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
^^^^+1
Your thinking of the aux belt which drives the alternator, water pump and aircon compressor.
Actual engine timing is a chain and is zero maintenance unless it gets bumped and could possibly stretch then its an engine out job to change it.
Thanks for the heads up! :D

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
100% chain!
Awesome

^^^^+1
More awesome, hows it so quiet then

Thanks for the heads up! :D
We learned something today :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts