2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently bought MK8 Civic and I'd like to change the yellow headlight bulb.

Could someone recommend a best 6000K bulb upgrade, please? Something that won't fail MOT and compatible. Thank you.

·
i-Vtec
3,310 Posts
Hi all, I recently bought MK8 Civic and I'd like to change the yellow headlight bulb.

Could someone recommend a best 6000K bulb upgrade, please? Something that won't fail MOT and compatible. Thank you.
There isn't one. Regardless of what it says on the packet 6000k is not possible with halogen bulbs. JMO but buy LED, crank the headlight aim down a couple of notches using the adjuster on the dash board and just swap you bulbs over for the MOT. Its what I do anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
What Das says, easy enough to adjust the aim correctly using the headlamp adjusters on the headlamps themselves too. There was a recent post on how to do it.

·
i-Vtec
3,310 Posts
It's the headlight adjuster knob on the dashboard, to the right hand side of the steering wheel fella. Just turn it down to #2.

·
i-Vtec
3,310 Posts
Heres the How2 on how to do it at the headlights, but as long as your lights are ok and level there should be no need to adjust them using this method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts