2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I`m new to the forum and new to the civic ownership(well not an owner until friday:D)

Atm I have a head unit with built in blue tooth support but I want to try and keep my civic looking as stock as possible so will be keeping the standard headunit at least for now.

i`ve been looking at a built in bluetooth car kit and a lot of people here seem to talk about the Parrot Mki9200. Is this the best unit? Are there any other units that people could suggest?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I have the mki9100...little smaller as I didn't want the bigger screen!
They are a FANTASTIC piece of kit! I cannot recommend enough,...I link mine with my iPhone and have the sat nav through the cars speakers...it makes everything come together...radio, cd, ipod, iphone, sat nav etc!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I installed a TheTrulyOne by Novero. (its such a dodgy name I know!)

I just need it for bluetooth phone calls and not audio. I was sold on the fact that the controller and screen are seperate and you can have 2 phones paired into the unit!

It does have bluetooth audio control but I not sure how good the menu is for that area.

Its cheap too! £85.

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

It works fine and being able to have the controller next to the gearstick and the display on the dash, means that my line of sight when driving does not have to move far from the road.

Al.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I installed a TheTrulyOne by Novero. (its such a dodgy name I know!)

I just need it for bluetooth phone calls and not audio. I was sold on the fact that the controller and screen are seperate and you can have 2 phones paired into the unit!

It does have bluetooth audio control but I not sure how good the menu is for that area.

Its cheap too! £85.

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

It works fine and being able to have the controller next to the gearstick and the display on the dash, means that my line of sight when driving does not have to move far from the road.

Al.
Hoe did you connect it with honda main unit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
whichever you choose, Parrot or Novero, both will need to have the OEM radio out for installation. If you have never done anything likes this, then maybe worthwhile letting a shop do it for you.

Al.

·
Registered
218 Posts
whichever you choose, Parrot or Novero, both will need to have the OEM radio out for installation. If you have never done anything likes this, then maybe worthwhile letting a shop do it for you.

Al.
Yes i will give it to honda dealer but i must to bay all sot leads for them to install.Have you any part number or web site where to bay all cables.Thanks in advance.

ps: I have main unit without sat nav.

·
Registered
77 Posts
there is someone selling one in the for sale section for £5 i think. If not, the next cheapest place is ebay, around £10 del.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts