2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 90s, one of the motoring journals(What Car, I think) did an article on the Citroen ZX 1.9 D under the title 'Is this the best car in the real world' (They seemed to over-look the external design and possible reliability issues with the ZX)

I wonder if the Civic iCDTi could be seen as such, in view its core attributes of reliabilty, durability, affordability, engine performance, economy, anticipated high NCAP score, and retained value.

What do others think or any other candidates? (Sorry, I think this should have been under General discussion)

·
Registered
975 Posts
BMW 3 series had to be it - possibly the new 335i coupe - for sport, practicality, comfort, value and being ecenomical 30mpg or so despite being only 0.5 seconds slower than an m3 0-60, but faster in real terms.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I think the emphasis was in the real world, I am sure the 335 is still an expensive car even though its not a supercar.

I would be pushed to think of better cars in terms of quality, trim level and value that come close, perhaps the Seat or Skoda, but I am not sure about their residuals.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I always thought the Mk4 Golf 150 diesel was pretty good at everything, fast, roomy, quiet, economical, quiet, well built and so on. I can think of a few others that come close, but I bet if you really analyse it, you'll probably end up at something dull like a Mondeo estate.

The BMWs are just too poor value for money to be considered. I've owned an M3 (from new) and it was shocking (lost £20,000 in 14 months, and cost £1000 to service every 4 months).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts